The Secret Sauce For Every Successful Author I knew the dreaded discussion was coming, but I decided to go ahead with our meeting. After coaching the pastor on his manuscript and book proposal, the time had come to represent my author to a literary agent. The names...
HOW WE HELP
Enjoy the best of Traditional Publishing—PLUS—the best of Independent Publishing
- Your book will look, feel, and read like a HarperCollins or Penguin release.
- Publishing veterans will produce your book, meaning your book will be done with excellence.
- Your book will get exposure alongside traditionally published authors, with dedicated sales reps working to get your book into bookstores, libraries, and specialty accounts.
- Your book will be distributed nationally and globally.
- Your book may receive more promotion than many traditionally published books.
- YOU decide the timing. You don’t have to wonder when (or if!) you will land a traditional publishing contract. You can publish when you want.
- You are in charge of how much marketing your book will receive.
- You can publish your book according to your goals, not the agenda of a publisher.
- You have the final say on all editorial content.
- You keep the copyright to your book.
- You keep most of the profits.
“Let the world burn through you. Throw the prism light, white hot, on paper”
Ray Bradbury, WD
We offer the following services to take your book to the top:
- Ghostwriting or Collaborative Writing: A valuable resource for authors who have a great idea for a book, but lack either the time or the writing skills to finish the work.
- Book Coaching: What do you need to finish strong? Accountability and direction as you complete your manuscript? Developmental editing to help you organize the structure of your book? Substantive editing to improve the flow, grammar, and impact of specific paragraphs and sentences? A book coach is your personal editor, working one-on-one with you and your manuscript to ensure that your book is the best it can be.
- Copyediting: Your copyeditor fixes grammatical, spelling, and punctuation errors, ensuring the formatting and spelling of words adheres to the industry standard and the house style. A professional copyedit is required for every Illumify release.
- Cover design: Our cover designer has 2500+ traditional book covers to her credit. Your book will look like a HarperCollins or Penguin release.
- Marketing: We know how to incorporate your book’s metadata into Amazon’s algorithms so that your book not only ranks high in searches, it also appears under the “Customers who bought this item also bought” heading. We also partner with book promotion companies to market your book to millions of voracious readers.
“When writing a novel, a writer should create living people; people, not characters. A character is a caricature.”